Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cub Scouts: Royce's Blue and Gold Banquet

This month's Family Home Evening lessons are on Journals. I am so behind in my journaling but I'm trying to block out the temptation to try to catch up (because then I would get overwhelmed and not start at all) So I'm starting where I am and hope to be better from here on out. 
Yesterday was Royce's Blue and Gold Banquet for cub scouts. They were supposed to bring a creative cake. So we went to Pinterest for some ideas and found this cake. It was funny because when we got to the cake table there for about 10 cakes there and 3 of them were versions of these campfire cakes :) I guess I'm not the only one who goes to Pinterest for ideas. We had a good time and were happy that our kids stayed in their seats. Going to these things where there is a sit down dinner with 6 kids age 12 and and under is sometimes a bit much for Erik and me. But last night the kids were awesome and stayed in their seats. The only thing that went wrong was a spilled cup of water, We can take that. We were proud of them. Royce didn't pass off anything to qualify for any awards last night, we have been scout slackers. They moved it to Friday recently and we usually have "Friends over Friday" so we need to adjust that to a different day so Royce can get to scouts instead of having friends over.

We love this boy!


Lillie sat pulling on me and ended up crying while I wrote up this post. Why is journaling such a challenge? I'll have to figure something out so it's easier. I will prevail!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment