Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pregnancy and Volleyball

Photo of us in the garage on Dallin's first day of Kindergarten yesterday. Too bad Dallin's blurry.

Well, Summer time is over and we are back in school. So much for my goal of documenting our fun Summer.
I have 6.5 weeks left of pregnancy. I am slowing down a little bit but still doing yoga every morning for 15 min or so. We are pretty sure this will be my last pregnancy. We've prayed a lot about it and we feel like we will finally have all of our kids here with us. So since it's my last pregnancy I'm trying to enjoy the magic of it as much as possible. I have had an epidural with all 5 of my deliveries. When I haven't been pregnant I would often think, "I should have one child naturally with no drugs, just to experience it and to say that I did it". But here I am 6.5 weeks left and the Braxton hicks contractions are kicking in and they KILL, I'm barely able to handle those. If they stick around too long I get scared of the pain and scared of delivery. So yeah, I really hope I can make it to the date that I can be induced and get an epidural in order to not feel one second of the delivery. That's my new goal. This baby girl is due October 30th, so I can be induced on October 23rd. October 23rd, is RJ's birthday so I debated that date but I think it will be fun for them to share a birthday. RJ even says "The baby is coming on my birthday" and loves it right now so that's good. When they are older if they hate it we can celebrate on different dates if they want. Erik was a twin and shared a birthday and he loved it of course, so there's hope :).

Today Jessika (11 years old, 6th grade) found out that she didn't make the volleyball team. That was a bummer. We are proud that she even had the guts to tryout. The team is of 6-9th graders so of course the 9th graders have the advantage. She fasted two mornings in a row to make the team. So I hope she doesn't lose her testimony of fasting. She didn't seem bitter at all. She did say that when she saw the list posted at the school, she scanned it looking for her number. When she saw that her number was not on there she said her stomach did this big growl at her. She thought it was saying "Why in the world am I starving then?" ha ha. I of course took this opportunity to testify and make it spiritual by saying something a long the lines of "No, Satan wants you to think fasting was a waste of time. But it's never a waste of time to fast for something you really want. That way you know that you did all you could to make it come true. So right now YOU have the confidence knowing you did all you could. You fasted, we all prayed, Dad took off work to come help out at tryouts so we all know that we did all that we could. And Heavenly Father always tries to gives us what we want, unless he knows that what He has in store for us is better than what we think we want. So I'm excited to see what you end up doing this year, because it will be even better than being on the volleyball team". We were loading the dishwasher together while this conversation was going on, so I looked over at her after my mini "speech". She was looking down working and said "Cool, yeah maybe. Or maybe I just need to take volleyball lessons and practice harder. I didn't even practice all summer".

I got a big inner smile and thought to myself, "Oh, yes that too".
In the huddle after tryouts.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome lesson, and I loved what you said. Fasting is NEVER a waste of time. This story reminds me of one I saw in one of those lds youth videos. Have Jessika check it out! https://www.lds.org/youth/video/a-work-in-progress?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete